Why get Chartered?
IChemE asks newly Chartered Chemical Engineers why it was important to them to achieve this milestone. The strongest motivations are:
- recognition that you have reached the next stage in your career
- an expectation from colleagues that you will apply, to benchmark yourself against the professional gold standard
- career development opportunities because you have gained external validation of your competence
- possible salary increase as independently assessed Chartered Chemical Engineers are often given more responsibility
- demonstration that you take pride in your profession and make a commitment to best practice
- access to discipline specific registrations
How much more might I earn?
The annual IChemE Salary Survey consistently shows that Chartered Chemical Engineers earn more than non-chartered chemical engineers of the same age. Use the IChemE Salary Survey to find out more.